[ZendTo] Virus drop off error on new build

Glenn Noel glenn.noel at gmail.com
Wed May 26 19:23:31 BST 2021

Hello folks,

I am far from proficient in the use of Linux, but I poke away at it and am
slowly getting better (I hope :).

I am in the midst of building a new/replacement Zend server for my
organization.  My server:
- Ubuntu Server 20.04.2 LTS
- Zend 6.05-4 (according to the web interface)
I attempted to find my ClamAV version and found the following:

*user at Zend2:/$ clamdscan -VERROR: Could not connect to clamd on LocalSocket
/var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl: No such file or directoryClamAV 0.103.2*

When I attempt to drop off a file of any size I get the following:
*Upload Error*
*The attempt to virus-scan your drop-off failed.  Please notify the system
administrator*

I have attempted the following to resolve this issue:

1.) As per https://zend.to/clamavpermissions
- re-install ClamAV with the hope of re-applying the proper permissions
- Increased Virtual Memory to 10GB

2.) I read through previous Zend support emails and found
http://jul.es/pipermail/zendto/2021-April/004465.html
- I am uncertain how to uninstall or replace the ClamAV 0.103.2 and
"forcibly install" ClamAV 0.1.02.
- I have tried to find articles on how to do this, but it is eluding me.

Thank you in advance to anyone who could assist me.

Glenn