[ZendTo] Error Message When a User Drops of 6GB file. <<< ClamAV 0.103 bug

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Tue Apr 20 12:57:32 BST 2021

Hi Gavin,

I forcibly installed ClamAV 0.102, then used the yum "versionlock"
plugin to ensure that they were never upgraded automatically.
I'm still running 0.102 as a result.
It sounds like the bug still exists in the most recent version.
Have you got time to report it as a bug? I'm more than a little
surprised that they haven't noticed this one.

BTW Changing the clamd.conf parameters for the maximum size of file to
scan (a few 100K I think) doesn't help at all. It's something to do with
how they mmap() the file. But I never had the time to find exactly what
was wrong, I had a broken production service to fix.

On Tue 20/04/21 11:58, Gavin Younger wrote:

> Anthony, Jules,

> How did you get on here? – seems I’ve hit the same problem here at
> Newcastle (interestingly it was a 4GB cutoff rather than 6GB) – I
> spent a fruitless afternoon adding more RAM and googling too…
> (should have checked my mailing list messages first!)

> Regards,

> Gavin Younger,

> Infrastructure Systems,
>
> IT Service (NUIT),
>
> Newcastle University

'It's very unlikely indeed he will ever recover consciousness, and
  if he does he won't be the Julian you knew.'
   - A hospital consultant I proved very wrong in 2007 :-)