[ZendTo] New beta out — fixes "old template" problems

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Mon May 24 12:59:55 BST 2021

Hi folks,

I have just released a new Beta version of ZendTo.
This will turn into a production release very soon (as soon as I get
confirmation it works), so PLEASE TRY IT FOR ME.

The main reason for that is an important security fix, to do with the
temporary names given to uploaded files.

What I have also added is another feature to the "upgrade" script, that
will check all your *.tpl files in /opt/zendto/templates and make sure
they match what I'm expecting to find. This is particularly a problem on
Ubuntu/Debian servers, where the upgrade of a package can produce
unexpected results as very few people (including me) know all the
correct answers to the "do you want to keep the old file or the new
file?" questions.

It won't replace anything without asking you first.

So feel to say no and do the sort-out by hand if you prefer to do that
and know what you're doing. You can run the new tool by hand at
/opt/zendto/sbin/check_templates.

But for sites that have ended up with broken template files, this should
solve quite a few problems very quickly and simply.

You can download it now from the beta page at
   https://zend.to/beta

Thanks for testing it for me!

'When a man points a finger at someone else, he should remember
  that four of his fingers are pointing at himself.' - Louis Nizer