[ZendTo] Drop-offs fail from external users with a request code

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Tue Feb 21 10:16:08 GMT 2023

Hi Philip,

Switching off allowExternalUploads does a complete job of "what it says
on the tin". It stops all users who cannot actually login from being
able to upload files. That way only internal users can send files, which
is what some people want.

Hope that helps,
Jules.

On 20/02/2023 08:47, Philip Blakely via ZendTo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm running ZendTo version 6.13-3 for a small research group. As a
> logged-in user, I can successfully create a request for an external
> user to send me a file.
>
> However, the person dropping off the file via the request link then
> gets the error message (after uploading the file):
> "You must be logged in as a XXXX user in order to drop-off a file for
> a non-XXXX user."
>
> In case it's relevant, I have set:
> 'allowExternalUploads' => FALSE
> 'allowExternalPickups' => FALSE,
> (although I don't think these are relevant to this problem, from the
> documentation).
>
> I *think* the error is in NSSDropbox.php, line 2769:
> if ( !$this->_dropbox->authorizedUser() && ! $checkRD)
>
> does not allow unauthorized (e.g. external) users to drop-off for
> anyone, even if they've got a request code.
>
> I think this should be (possibly):
> if ( !($this->_dropbox->authorizedUser() || $req != '') && ! $checkRD )
>
> (at least this made it work for me).
>
> On the other hand, I can send a fuller preferences.php or more logs in
> case there's some odd combination of settings or circumstances that
> has caused this to happen, or any documentation I've not read
> properly, so any suggestions or alternative fixes would be welcome.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Philip

The current UK shipping forecast:
Portland, Plymouth: Variable 2 to 4, becoming northwest 4 to 6 later. Slight
or moderate, occasionally smooth. Fog patches, rain later. Moderate or good,
occasionally very poor.