[ZendTo] Drop-offs fail from external users with a request code

Philip Blakely pmb39 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Feb 20 08:47:26 GMT 2023

Hello,

I'm running ZendTo version 6.13-3 for a small research group. As a
logged-in user, I can successfully create a request for an external user
to send me a file.

However, the person dropping off the file via the request link then gets
the error message (after uploading the file):
"You must be logged in as a XXXX user in order to drop-off a file for a
non-XXXX user."

In case it's relevant, I have set:
'allowExternalUploads' => FALSE
'allowExternalPickups' => FALSE,
(although I don't think these are relevant to this problem, from the
documentation).

I *think* the error is in NSSDropbox.php, line 2769:
if ( !$this->_dropbox->authorizedUser() && ! $checkRD)

does not allow unauthorized (e.g. external) users to drop-off for
anyone, even if they've got a request code.

I think this should be (possibly):
if ( !($this->_dropbox->authorizedUser() || $req != '') && ! $checkRD )

(at least this made it work for me).

On the other hand, I can send a fuller preferences.php or more logs in
case there's some odd combination of settings or circumstances that has
caused this to happen, or any documentation I've not read properly, so
any suggestions or alternative fixes would be welcome.

Thanks,

Philip

--
Dr Philip Blakely (he/him/his)