[ZendTo] Drop-offs fail from external users with a request code

Philip Blakely pmb39 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Feb 21 13:20:26 GMT 2023

Hi Jules,

OK, that makes sense, thank you. I'll read the documentation more
carefully next time!

This was the first time I'd asked an external user for a file via a
request code in several years of running ZendTo, so it's not a real problem.

Thanks for your help,

Philip

On 21/02/2023 10:16, Jules wrote:
> Hi Philip,
>
> Switching off allowExternalUploads does a complete job of "what it says
> on the tin". It stops all users who cannot actually login from being
> able to upload files. That way only internal users can send files, which
> is what some people want.
>
> Hope that helps,
> Jules.
>
> On 20/02/2023 08:47, Philip Blakely via ZendTo wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm running ZendTo version 6.13-3 for a small research group. As a
>> logged-in user, I can successfully create a request for an external
>> user to send me a file.
>>
>> However, the person dropping off the file via the request link then
>> gets the error message (after uploading the file):
>> "You must be logged in as a XXXX user in order to drop-off a file for
>> a non-XXXX user."
>>
>> In case it's relevant, I have set:
>> 'allowExternalUploads' => FALSE
>> 'allowExternalPickups' => FALSE,
>> (although I don't think these are relevant to this problem, from the
>> documentation).
>>
>> I *think* the error is in NSSDropbox.php, line 2769:
>> if ( !$this->_dropbox->authorizedUser() && ! $checkRD)
>>
>> does not allow unauthorized (e.g. external) users to drop-off for
>> anyone, even if they've got a request code.
>>
>> I think this should be (possibly):
>> if ( !($this->_dropbox->authorizedUser() || $req != '') && ! $checkRD )
>>
>> (at least this made it work for me).
>>
>> On the other hand, I can send a fuller preferences.php or more logs in
>> case there's some odd combination of settings or circumstances that
>> has caused this to happen, or any documentation I've not read
>> properly, so any suggestions or alternative fixes would be welcome.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Philip

> Julian Field MEng CEng CITP MBCS MIEEE MACM
>
> The current UK shipping forecast:
> Portland, Plymouth: Variable 2 to 4, becoming northwest 4 to 6 later. Slight
> or moderate, occasionally smooth. Fog patches, rain later. Moderate or good,
> occasionally very poor.

Dr Philip Blakely (he/him/his)
Laboratory for Scientific Computing,
Department of Physics,