[ZendTo] Upgrade to beta: clamav not working

zend.to at neilzone.co.uk zend.to at neilzone.co.uk
Mon Jun 21 10:20:15 BST 2021

> On 21 Jun 2021, at 10:06, zend.to at neilzone.co.uk wrote:
>
> Application error:
>
> "The attempt to virus-scan your drop-off failed. Please notify the system administrator.”
>

> /var/zendto/zendto.log:
>
> “could not connect to clamd on LocalSocket /var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl: No such file or directory"
>

> systemctl status clamav-daemon.service:
>
> "^lchown to user 'clamav' failed on log file '/var/log/clamav/clamav.log'.  Error was 'Operation not permitted”

After some further digging, it looks like it was an AppArmor issue.

I updated /etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.clamd to have 'capability chown', as well as 'capability dac_override’, and restarted AppArmor, and it is now working.

I’m not sure if this is an issue in the beta or something else on the system, but I pass it on in case it helps someone.

Neil