[ZendTo] Upgrade to beta: clamav not working

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Wed Jun 30 11:29:38 BST 2021

Neil,

Thanks for that. You really want to put your change into
     /etc/apparmor.d/*local/*usr.sbin.clamd
or else it is likely to be overwritten by future apt upgrades.

I'll add that to the Zendto Installer.

Thanks!
Jules.

On 21/06/2021 10:20, Neil via ZendTo wrote:

>> On 21 Jun 2021, at 10:06, zend.to at neilzone.co.uk wrote:
>>
>> Application error:
>>
>> "The attempt to virus-scan your drop-off failed. Please notify the
>> system administrator.”
>>

>> /var/zendto/zendto.log:
>>
>> “could not connect to clamd on LocalSocket /var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl:
>> No such file or directory"
>>

>> systemctl status clamav-daemon.service:
>>
>> "^lchown to user 'clamav' failed on log file
>> '/var/log/clamav/clamav.log'.  Error was 'Operation not permitted”
>
> After some further digging, it looks like it was an AppArmor issue.
>
> I updated /etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.clamd to have 'capability chown',
> as well as 'capability dac_override’, and restarted AppArmor, and it
> is now working.
>
> I’m not sure if this is an issue in the beta or something else on the
> system, but I pass it on in case it helps someone.
>

> Neil

'Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day.
  Teach a man to fish, and he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.'
    - Anon