[ZendTo] Patch for recaptcha and tne new_dropoff.js problem (for the beta)

Santiago Garcia Mantinan manty at manty.net
Tue Sep 8 08:42:30 BST 2020

Hi!

Sorry to come over this again, but I've just learned that the full url
is being used all over the code, templates are full of $zendToURL uses
:-(

> I just realised that I had posted the diff reversed, what I was
> suggesting was to remove the {$zendToURL} from the action.
>
> I finally just realised that! :-)
>
>  At least on
> my setup it is causing me the troubles I was explaining and without it
> it works as expected, I fail to see why was the zendToURL added there.
>
> Fair point. It just worries me that I put it there for some good reason, so I want to have a think before I take it out.
> I've got some sites who have ZendTo embedded in an iframe, maybe it was for them?
>
> I'll have a think...

Like I said, this usage is breaking all that I want to do, as I want
to have the external users hit one domain and the internal users a
different one (it is the same machine, externals see it through a
proxy while internals don't).

I never liked web apps to use full urls or absolute ones because when
you are trying to proxify things you always get to points where things
break, typically this means that the internal address is shown
outside, here I have zendToURL set to the external address, so what I
find is that the internal guys try to access the external address.

I started removing the zendToURL on the case I sent you, but when
testing the full setup from inside... I found out that a lot of things
were broken, basically everything that sends a post, and it was
because of this zendToURL things.

I'm wondering if there is some other way to solve this other than
removing zendToURL all around the templates and maybe the code as
well, I'm still wondering why they are there anyway, as for me
(playing with proxies, having the site on a subdirectory, ...)
relative paths work ok.

So basically I'm a bit stuck here, I didn't want to change all the
templates, but I don't see any other alternative right now :-(

Any ideas?

Regards...
--
Manty/BestiaTester -> http://manty.net