[ZendTo] Missing login

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Fri May 22 09:53:22 BST 2020

Travis,

On 21/05/2020 20:37, Travis Zimmerman wrote:
> That was it. Our web dev team had to touch a few of the template files
> to apply our university’s color scheme and we changed username to
> email in a couple places ( our students are on a different domain than
> the staff, so we use email for auth ).
You should change any text in the
/opt/zendto/config/locale/en_US/LC_MESSAGES/zendto.po file.
After changing this file, run /opt/zendto/bin/makelanguages and then
restart Apache.
This is all explained on
     https://zend.to/translators.php

Then your customisations will survive upgrades and will not affect and
upgrades to the template files.

It may seem strange to be reading docs about translating it to another
language. But effectively you are just customising the "en_US" translation.

In that zendto.po file (it's just plain text), there are lots of "msgid"
strings. This is the text that is in the template file for that phrase.
Each one has a corresponding "msgstr" string, which contains the text
that ZendTo actually serves up for that phrase. If the msgstr is empty
(msgstr "") then it defaults back to serving up the msgid string.

So, when translating to a new language (e.g. Welsh), the msgid would be
the English version that is in the template file. The msgstr version
would be the Welsh equivalent. But in your case the msgstr version is
just the modified (English) text you want to display.

Does that explain it?
If you're not sure, send me an example and I will show you exactly what
the relevant zendto.po entries look like.

> We use the local.css file to make any changes to the css code.
>
> Here’s what we touched, don’t know if this could be added ( or some
> similar way ) for helping with branding or did our web dev team miss
> something?
> Added an id to the body tag.
> header.tpl
Done.

> Added an id to this td and removed the background color from its style.
> email_footer_html.tpl
I've called it "email-footer". I've also named the corresponding header
"email-header".

There is now a bit of CSS in the email_header.tpl that sets the
background-color for #email-header and #email-footer. The "local.css" is
inserted just after this, so overrides it.

That should fix it all for you.

> As always, thanks for the help and making this product.

Many thanks for that!

P.S. Please do feel free to ask your employer to either make a donation,
or else to pay an invoice for development work or similar.

>> On May 21, 2020, at 10:58 AM, Jules <Jules at Zend.To
>> <mailto:Jules at Zend.To>> wrote:
>>
>> Travis,
>>
>> My guess would be that you have modified a file or 2 in
>> /opt/zendto/templates.
>> If you did that, then the new versions will have ".rpmnew" (on
>> CentOS/RedHat-based systems) or similar stuck on the end of their
>> filename. You need to move the new ones into place, overwriting your
>> modified ones.
>>
>> The same could be true of your /opt/zendto/www/css/swish2.css file.
>>
>> Also, make sure you have run
>>     /opt/zendto/bin/upgrade
>>
>> Hopefully 1 or more of those will be the cause!
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jules.
>>
>> On 21/05/2020 15:09, Travis Zimmerman via ZendTo wrote:
>>> We upgraded our ZendTo dev server to 5.23-4, initially I’m pretty
>>> sure everything was fine. But today when I looked at it there is no
>>> login on either the Home page or the Login page.
>>>
>>> I tried deleting the tpl.php files in templates_c but that didn’t
>>> fix it. Did I miss something in the Changelog or a new setting in
>>> the preferences.php?

>>> Travis Zimmermantzimmerman at fsu.edu
>>> <mailto:tzimmerman at fsu.edu>850-645-8030
>>> Linux Enterprise Applications & Systemsits-linuxadmins at fsu.edu
>>> <mailto:its-linuxadmins at fsu.edu>
>>> Information Technology Services, Florida State University

>> Jules
>>
>> --
>> Julian Field MEng CEng CITP MBCS MIEEE MACM
>>
>> 'I have lost friends, some by death ... others through sheer inability
>>   to cross the street.' - Virginia Woolf
>>
>> www.Zend.To
>> Twitter: @JulesFM

The current UK shipping forecast:
Faeroes: East 4 to 6 becoming cyclonic 5 to 7. Slight or moderate becoming
moderate or rough, then very rough or high later. Fog banks then rain.
Moderate, occasionally very poor at first.