[ZendTo] LDAPS auth error help

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Wed Jun 3 19:37:37 BST 2020

Okay, so make sure for starters that the authenticator is set to 'AD'
and not 'LDAP'.
There are then some good troubleshooting tips on
     zend.to/activedirectory
You need to try to connect with "ldapsearch" and "openssl"s ssl client.
Read the page above and it should point you in the right direction.

On 03/06/2020 18:47, Matt Purcell via ZendTo wrote:
> Hi, When trying to log in via LDAPS, the web interface gives 3
> separate errors:
> -LDAP Error
> Connected to but could not start_tls, it said
> -LDAP Error
> Check User: Unable to connect to any of the authentication servers;
> could not authenticate user. Please notify the system administrator.
> -Authentication Error
> The username or password was incorrect.
>
> /var/log/httpd/zendto_error_log shows error:
>  [php7:warn] [pid 1302] [client 160.10.211.97:57522
> <http://160.10.211.97:57522>] PHP Warning:  ldap_start_tls(): Unable
> to start TLS: Can't contact LDAP server in
> /opt/zendto/lib/NSSADAuthenticator.php on line 583
>
> Does this indicate an deficiency in AD config? Where should I begin
> troubleshooting? We've confirmed that a bind request did reach the
> LDAPS server.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help you might offer!
>
> --
>
> *Matthew Purcell*
>
> /Systems Administrator /
> Information Technology Services
> *
> *
> *University of West Georgia *
> 1601 Maple Street, Carrollton, GA  30118
> p: 678-839-5505 <tel:678-839-5505>
> mpurcell at westga.edu <mailto:mpurcell at westga.edu>
> westga.edu/its <http://westga.edu/its>
> University of West Georgia
> This e-mail is intended solely for the addressee and may contain
> confidential information. If you are not the addressee please do not
> save, print, or retransmit, except to return to the sender.

'Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out
  the pain.' - Joseph Campbell