[ZendTo] Potential change to RPM packaging — good/bad idea?

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Wed Jul 22 18:11:00 BST 2020

Scott,

I have added that to the upgrade script in the new beta release.

On 17/07/2020 17:41, Jules via ZendTo wrote:
> Scott,
>
> Yes, I could mention the presence of *.rpmnew and *.rpmsave files in
> that directory, no problem.
> That would definitely be better than the current status.
>
> Cheers,
> Jules.
>
> On 17/07/2020 17:05, Scott Silva via ZendTo wrote:
>>
>> Is there a way for your upgrade script to mention these files if it
>> finds them?
>>
>> Not necessarily fix them, but say they are there, and pause for
>> acknowledgement to “remind” people…

'The past is supposed to be a place of reference, not a place of
residence! There is a reason why your car has a big windshield and
a small rearview mirror. You are supposed to keep your eyes on where
you are going, and just occasionally check out where you have been.'
   - Willie Jolley