[ZendTo] Recommended Ubuntu setup for zend.to server

Marlon Deerr MDeerr at hshlawyers.com
Tue Jul 14 10:53:47 BST 2020

Very true @Adam. I'll definately be reducing RAM on my ZendTo VM.

Thanks to all who responded on my question.

Sent from my mobile device.

On July 14, 2020 at 7:20 GMT, Adam Thorn via ZendTo <zendto at zend.to<mailto:zendto at zend.to>> wrote:

On 12/07/2020 19:12, Marlon Deerr via ZendTo wrote:
> Thanks Jules,
>
> I appreciate the response.  I’ll rebuild using Ubuntu 20.04 instead.
>
> What about sizing out memory? We have roughly 90+ employees but of that,
> I would say roughly 40+ of those will be actively using the service. I
> was thinking of assigning 32GB to it but is that overkill?

32GB sounds excessive to me. I'm running on Ubuntu 18.04 with 512MB; the
VM is dedicated to ZendTo so is basically only running apache. Our usage
is light enough that I'm happy using sqlite, so you may need to allow a
little extra if you use a "real" database server.

Even if you expect 40 active users, how likely is it that they'll all be
up/downloading at the same point in time...?

Adam

[https://bolt.im/t/?hs76_6vS5AQxYGImcnf2yJQUCMelaJ-Lvg_zpB3BIOuslOo7UsbN2atAetcaLhz2O_lVEr_N_XcsfNNnKKLj7w]