[ZendTo] Recommended Ubuntu setup for zend.to server

Adam Thorn alt36 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jul 14 08:19:23 BST 2020

On 12/07/2020 19:12, Marlon Deerr via ZendTo wrote:
> Thanks Jules,
>
> I appreciate the response.  I’ll rebuild using Ubuntu 20.04 instead.
>
> What about sizing out memory? We have roughly 90+ employees but of that,
> I would say roughly 40+ of those will be actively using the service. I
> was thinking of assigning 32GB to it but is that overkill?

32GB sounds excessive to me. I'm running on Ubuntu 18.04 with 512MB; the
VM is dedicated to ZendTo so is basically only running apache. Our usage
is light enough that I'm happy using sqlite, so you may need to allow a
little extra if you use a "real" database server.

Even if you expect 40 active users, how likely is it that they'll all be
up/downloading at the same point in time...?

Adam