[ZendTo] Recommended Ubuntu setup for zend.to server

Marlon Deerr MDeerr at hshlawyers.com
Sat Jul 11 02:57:52 BST 2020

Hello All,

It’s been roughly 5+ years since I have used Zend.to and roughly the same amount of time since managing one from a Citrix XenServer host with Ubuntu as the Linux server hosting Zend.to.  I would like to eventually put zend.to services into production.  I have access to HP ProLiant server that is now out of official production so I thought I would use it to demo to upper management what zend.to can do for our environment.

I was wondering if someone can provide a bit of advice on best way to set things up.

1.       I have roughly 800GB of storage

2.       I’ll be installing Ubuntu 19.10 (fresh install)

a.       How should I allocate storage? I’m assuming either of these are my choices

                                                               i.      One large partition for OS as well as drop-offs ?

                                                             ii.      One partition for OS and one partition for drop-offs?

b.      When I install Ubuntu, should I leave it fresh without any additional software/services installed during installation?

Any help on best setup would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Marlon

Marlon Deerr, Technology Manager
416-572-8795 (direct) | MDeerr at hshlawyers.com<mailto:MDeerr at hshlawyers.com>
[cid:image9affd7.JPG at 9231f5af.4eb2973d]<https://www.hshlawyers.com>
[cid:image737703.JPG at df3b011b.42b939d7]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/howie-sacks-&-henry-llp---personal-injury-law/> [cid:image9df170.JPG at d59c161f.43881377] <https://twitter.com/hshlawyers>  [cid:image5baed2.JPG at 7a109ed4.4483879b] <https://www.facebook.com/HSHPersonalInjuryLawyers/>  [cid:image888a0e.JPG at a9ddc8c1.4791574f] <https://www.youtube.com/user/hshlawyers>      3500 - 20 Queen St. W., Toronto, ON M5H 3R3
Fax: 416-361-0083 | Toll Free: 877-474-5997 | www.hshlawyers.com<https://www.hshlawyers.com>

This Howie Sacks & Henry e-mail is privileged, confidential and subject to copyright. Any unauthorized use or disclosure is prohibited.