[ZendTo] Recommended Ubuntu setup for zend.to server

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Sat Jul 11 09:49:25 BST 2020

Marlon,

Considering the timescales you work on, I would advise using the latest
LTS release of Ubuntu. It may well save you time in the long run.

For the storage, you might want to let Ubuntu do its default behaviour,
but put /var/zendto in a volume of its own at the end of the disk.
Everything in /var/zendto needs to be in the same volume/partition.

But if it's only a "throwaway" demo server for The Management(tm), then
it won't matter much as you'll almost certainly rebuild it before making
it a production service anyway.

When installing Ubuntu, just do a minimal install. You might want to
install the openssh-server package to give yourself remote ssh access to
it, but beyond that the ZendTo Installer will add everything it needs.

Hope that helps,
Jules.