[ZendTo] Request a drop off email - weird issue

Ken Etter KLE at msktd.com
Mon Jan 13 18:28:58 GMT 2020

Neil,

OrganizationShortName in zendto.conf is correctly set to our company
name:  MSKTD
Any other thoughts?

“allowExternalUploads” in preferences.php is set to false.  So now I
know the issue here, but that gives me an enhancement request idea.

Jules,

On the Home page, you have instructions for users.  On my home page it
reads like this:

MSKTD users: you may login with your username and password and send
files to anyone, in or out of the company.
Non-MSKTD users: you cannot log in, but can still send files to MSKTD
users if you know their email address. Start by clicking the "Drop-off"
button.
MSKTD users who wish someone outside the company to send them files,
can make it a lot easier for them by logging in and clicking "Request a
Drop-off". That saves the other person having to prove who they are. The
request created will be valid for 7 days.

In my opinion, the above should only appear if “allowExternalUploads”
in preferences.php is set to true.  If it is false, we should see
something like this:

MSKTD users: you may login with your username and password and send
files to anyone, in or out of the company.
MSKTD users who wish someone outside the company to send them files
must log in and click "Request a Drop-off". The request created will be
valid for 7 days.

Thanks,
Ken