[ZendTo] Fill in organization from AD attribute

Jules Field Jules at Zend.To
Tue Feb 25 09:55:50 GMT 2020

There's a setting
     'requestSenderOrgIsEditable' => TRUE,
which, if set to FALSE, stops users from editing that field when sending
a request for a drop-off.

Otherwise, on text boxes, adding "readonly" is better than using
"disabled" in my opinion.

On 25/02/2020 07:04, Ionescu Gigel wrote:
> Hello,
> Thanks for the answer Jules, I changed auth to AD and now is better,
> things are working as expected.
> I would not like to let people change this attribute in the UI,
> setting the html attribute "disabled" to this field would work?
> Regards,
> Bogdan
>
> În vin., 21 feb. 2020 la 11:27, Jules <Jules at zend.to
> <mailto:Jules at zend.to>> a scris:
>
>     Ionescu,
>
>     If you are using AD, you should be using the AD authenticator and
>     not the LDAP authenticator. They are not quite the same thing.
>
>     As for the "organization" versus "company" attributes, if the
>     organization attribute is empty, the company attribute is copied
>     into it. That means the rest of ZendTo can continue to call it
>     'organization' without worrying about Microsoft's naming conventions.
>
>     If the LDAP attributes for a user include the "company" attribute,
>     that will be used as the "organization" in ZendTo. If there is no
>     "company" attribute, then the preferences.php setting
>     "authLDAPOrganization1" (for the first forest searched) is used
>     instead.
>
>     Hopefully that explains things a bit better.
>
>     Cheers,
>     Jules.
>

>     On 11/02/2020 3:41 pm, Ionescu Gigel via ZendTo wrote:
>>     Hello,
>>     I want to fill in the organization field automatically from AD.
>>     I would like to know how the authLDAPOrganization option really
>>     works and if my understanding is right.
>>     I read some old posts from the time this option was introduced,
>>     but I still don't get it. As far as I see what I put in that
>>     option that will be the default text for internal authenticated
>>     users.
>>
>>     From the lib/NSSLDAPAuthenticator.php code in $attributeNames
>>     array I see you are trying to get some "organization" attribute.
>>     Actually, this will be always empty as AD stores the name of the
>>     company in "company" attribute, so few lines down if
>>     (!@$response['organization']) does not make any sense.
>>
>>     Can someone enlight me, please?
>>     As I said, my goal would be to have the organization from AD if
>>     authLDAPOrganization is empty or if I set the AD attribute where
>>     I store the name of the organization.
>>
>>     Regards,

>     Jules
>
>     --
>     Julian Field MEng CEng CITP MBCS MIEEE MACM
>

>     www.Zend.To  <http://www.Zend.To>
>     Twitter: @JulesFM

The current UK shipping forecast:
Tyne, Dogger: East or southeast, veering west 6 to gale 8, occasionally severe
gale 9 for a time. Moderate or rough, occasionally very rough in Dogger. Rain,
then wintry showers. Moderate or poor, occasionally good later.