[ZendTo] [Feature Request custom string in subject per DropOff]

Jules Field Jules at Zend.To
Wed May 1 10:03:44 BST 2019

On 30/04/2019 23:42, Kevin Miller via ZendTo wrote:

> I was thinking of something sort of along the lines of what Travis
> McDugald proposed:
>
>   If (isset($messageID)) then $subject = [Zendto] . $messageID .
> $subject; else $subject = [Zendto] . $subject;
>
> although rather than an additional messageID I was envisioning just
> changing the prefix.

I am wary of allowing things like ticket numbers in the [] prefix, as I
bet some lousy ticketing systems out there will only spot the ticket
number if it has whitespace after it and not some bracket or other
punctuation.

> I.e. I was thinking that [Zendto] would be a variable set in
> preferneces.php which could be customized.  Something like:
>
> ‘Zendto_prefix’ => ‘[Zendto]’,
>
> which folks could simply change to what they wanted or leave it as the
> default.  I didn’t really explain it very clearly.
>
> We’re probably the outlier, but the powers that be upstream of me
> decided we’d call our system “fileshare” rather than Zendto.  So in my
> case I’d change the prefix itself if such was available.  I can see
> the use case for what Travis, et. al. are proposing as well…

Greg has already answered that one for me. :-)

> ...Kevin
>
> --
>
> Kevin Miller
>
> Network/email Administrator, CBJ MIS Dept.
>
> 155 South Seward Street
>
> Juneau, Alaska 99801
>
> Phone: (907) 586-0242, Fax: (907) 586-4588 Registered Linux User No:
> 307357

'Making machines do what you want requires only two qualities:
  1) Being slightly more stubborn that the computer, &
  2) Remembering that computers are electrified rocks.' - @JediJeremy