[ZendTo] Ideas wanted: "Forget me" button

Jules Field Jules at Zend.To
Wed Mar 13 15:12:57 GMT 2019

Tobias,

I really don't want to write an entire address book editor. It's just
not worth it.

When a user starts typing a name into the recipients box, the matching
entries are returned in the order of most-recently-used at the top. So
entries that they don't want to use again will just sink to the bottom
as their date of last use gets older and older. Hence no need to remove
individual entries from it, as you will have to go out of your way to
use them anyway.

The only functionality I want to add is the ability to clear your entire
address book, so that people can exercise their "right to be forgotten".

On 13/03/2019 10:19, Tobias Tafart via ZendTo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Different Idea: Why not make a separate little "address management" menu,
> and additionally to the usual "add contact", "remove contact" and so on -
> have a "delete all" button there.
> I've been asked by our users before if there is an option to manage
> recipients from the suggestions, so there is a bit of a need for such
> functionality. Wasn't hugely important to us though.
>
> Just an idea.
>
> Regards

'There is always one moment in childhood when the door opens and
  lets the future in.' - Graham Greene