[ZendTo] Feature Request: Message of the Day

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Sun Jul 7 17:15:10 BST 2019

P.S. I've just put out 5.20-1 beta with this in it (as well as a nice
new "Download All Files as a Zip" button on the downloads page to help
out our users!). I just haven't announced it at all as I haven't done
enough testing yet.

But feel free to download it if you're interested.

On 07/07/2019 5:02 pm, Jules wrote:
> Nigel,
>
> Good idea. Done.
>
> The filename is set by a new preferences.php setting
> 'systemAnnouncementFilePath'.
> This is set to '' by default, so it will never display anything.
> If you make it point to a file that doesn't exist, or it can't read,
> or is empty, it won't display anything.
> Otherwise the contents of that file (which may contain HTML tags) will
> be shown as a "Notice" at the top of the login, logout and main-menu
> pages as you suggested.
>
> It will be in the next beta.
>
> Cheers,
> Jules.
>
> On 04/07/2019 12:10 pm, Nigel Kendrick via ZendTo wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jules, everyone,
>>
>> Apologies if I am missing the obvious and this already exists:
>>
>> Would it be possible to have a static (.txt?) MOTD file for quickly
>> dropping in “maintenance window” or other temporary messages into the
>> top of the home/login page as needed.
>>
>> On the few times I have had to put something up, I have hacked a line
>> or two into the page layout, which is effective but not ideal.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Nigel Kendrick

> Julian Field MEng CEng CITP MBCS MIEEE MACM
>
> 'When a man points a finger at someone else, he should remember
>   that four of his fingers are pointing at himself.' - Louis Nizer

'I've heard that it's possible to grow up. I've just never met
  anyone who's actually done it.' - Meredith Grey, Grey's Anatomy