[ZendTo] Feature Request: Message of the Day

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Sun Jul 7 17:02:22 BST 2019

Nigel,

Good idea. Done.

The filename is set by a new preferences.php setting
'systemAnnouncementFilePath'.
This is set to '' by default, so it will never display anything.
If you make it point to a file that doesn't exist, or it can't read, or
is empty, it won't display anything.
Otherwise the contents of that file (which may contain HTML tags) will
be shown as a "Notice" at the top of the login, logout and main-menu
pages as you suggested.

It will be in the next beta.

On 04/07/2019 12:10 pm, Nigel Kendrick via ZendTo wrote:

> Hi Jules, everyone,
>
> Apologies if I am missing the obvious and this already exists:
>
> Would it be possible to have a static (.txt?) MOTD file for quickly
> dropping in “maintenance window” or other temporary messages into the
> top of the home/login page as needed.
>
> On the few times I have had to put something up, I have hacked a line
> or two into the page layout, which is effective but not ideal.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Nigel Kendrick

'When a man points a finger at someone else, he should remember
  that four of his fingers are pointing at himself.' - Louis Nizer