[ZendTo] [Feature Request custom string in subject per DropOff]

Jules Field Jules at Zend.To
Tue Apr 30 09:34:52 BST 2019

Kevin,

But in the case of a request, as much as possible is pre-filled for the
customer dropping off files.
All the other Subject lines generated are hard-coded (apart from
translations).

If you are thinking of either changing the [ZendTo] prefix to some other
string, or adding something between the [ZendTo] prefix and the rest of
the string, where and when is that going to be set?

The "new dropoff" form needs to gain an extra "Message ID" (or whatever)
box so people can put in their magic string.

Are you saying the "send a request" form needs to gain it too?
(And presumably if the answer to that is "yes", the "new dropoff" form
would pre-fill the "Message ID" value from what was given in the
request. And if that is the case, should the customer doing the dropoff
be able to change the "Message ID" value at that point? I would suggest
not.)

I think we're all thinking about variations on either ticketing systems
or people with multiple projects, where they need some magic value in
the Subject line of *every* email message sent by ZendTo so that they
can all be tracked and filed automatically.

On 29/04/2019 17:53, Kevin Miller via ZendTo wrote:

> Unless I’m misunderstand the conundrum, I’d say to let the requester
> enter the subject line, sans prefix, then prepend the system defined
> prefix at upload generation time.  I.e., if I was requesting a dropoff
> I’d put in “My appropriate subject”.  The person that is actually
> doing the dropoff would see that, and probably won’t think twice about
> it. Then, when the outgoing upload  notification is actually complete,
> Zendto can prepend the system supplied prefix [Zendto] or [Whatever]
> and send that.  I don’t think folks are in the habit of hand coding
> prefixes, so it’s unlikely one would end up with dual prefixes.
>
> Maybe there’s coding issues with that that make it difficult? Anyway,
> my tuppence worth…
>
> ...Kevin
>
> --
>
> Kevin Miller
>
> Network/email Administrator, CBJ MIS Dept.
>
> 155 South Seward Street
>
> Juneau, Alaska 99801
>
> Phone: (907) 586-0242, Fax: (907) 586-4588 Registered Linux User No:
> 307357

'Teach a man to reason, and he will think for a lifetime.' - Phil Plait