[ZendTo] Possible CSS problem with logo in 5.17

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Mon Apr 22 17:22:37 BST 2019

I think I've found a better solution.
Comment out those changes in local.css, then edit swish2.css and comment
out this line-height setting (shown in context):

#logo {
         float: right;
         height: 60px;
*        /* line-height: 60px; */*
         padding-left: 25px;
         padding-right: 20px;
         text-decoration: none;
         font-weight: bold;
         color: #a5abb0;
         font-size: 3.5em;
         text-shadow: 1px 1px 0px #fbfbfb;
         max-width: 270px;
         overflow-y: visible;
}

Be very careful to ensure your browser does actually re-read the CSS
(most cache it far too aggressively) and you will hopefully find that
fixes it.
I have tried it on a Mac with Safari / Chrome / Firefox and on Windows
10 with IE / Edge / Edgium / Chrome / Firefox.

The only place it doesn't work nicely is Edge if you use an image.
Otherwise it appears to work in all the above with either text or an image.

So it's an improvement on the previous version. :-)

On 28/03/2019 9:07 pm, John Thurston via ZendTo wrote:

> On 3/28/2019 12:49 PM, John Thurston via ZendTo wrote:
>> I think the simplest way to solve my problem (so all the edits are to
>> a single file) will be to modify swish2.css to
>>    Change "overflow-y: hidden;" in #logo
>> and to
>>    Add "overflow-y: inherit;" to #logoxclip
>
> K. I looked in swish2.css and found the admonition to leave it alone,
> so I've made the following additions to /opt/zendto/www/css/local.css
>

> #logo {
>         overflow-y: hidden;
> }
>
> #logoxclip {
>         overflow-y: inherit;
> }
>

> And that crazy little scroll bar is gone.
>
> --
>    Do things because you should, not just because you can.
>
> John Thurston    907-465-8591
> John.Thurston at alaska.gov
> Department of Administration
> State of Alaska