[ZendTo] Authenticator after update

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Sun Apr 21 12:13:12 BST 2019

John,

Sorry, I suspect that you are one of the few sites using LDAP, but not AD.
:-(

What happens if you explicitly set them (to quite possibly empty
strings), rather than comment them out?

The updater doesn't understand PHP itself, it looks for settings and
comments. It can't tell the difference between a commented-out setting
and any other sort of comment.

Let me know how you get on. If I need to change some of the behaviour to
treat an "empty" value as if it weren't set at all, I can do that no
problem.

On 28/03/2019 4:26 pm, John Thurston via ZendTo wrote:
> Are you using all of the available "authLDAP" config values?
>
> In my case, the updater re-enables configuration values I have
> explicitly commented out. Things like:
> 'authLDAPBindDn'
> 'authLDAPBindPass'
> 'authLDAPOrganization'
> 'authLDAPUsernameAttr'
> 'authLDAPEmailAttr'
> 'authLDAPMemberKey'
> 'authLDAPMemberRole'
>
> When they get re-enabled, authentication fails because none of the
> values are applicable or correct.
>
> --
>    Do things because you should, not just because you can.
>
> John Thurston    907-465-8591
> John.Thurston at alaska.gov
> Department of Administration
> State of Alaska
>
> On 3/28/2019 7:02 AM, Scott Silva via ZendTo wrote:
>> I just ran the new upgrade script on an update from 5.15 to 5.17 and
>> everything seems to be going smoothly in my testing. And I am using
>> LDAP auth against an AD system.

The current UK shipping forecast:
East Sole, Lundy, Fastnet: Variable 3 or 4, becoming southeasterly 4 or 5
later. Moderate. Fog patches. Moderate or good, occasionally very poor.