[ZendTo] Using the IMAP auth and e-mails don't show up from users' address

Jules Field Jules at Zend.To
Wed Oct 31 15:33:53 GMT 2018

Travis,

If you are authenticating users against Office365, then why not do that
with AD?
I don't quite see why you need to use the IMAP authenticator at all.
If it's a separate AD forest for some reason, then that's okay, ZendTo
will happily do 3 different AD forests with independent setups.

So "SMTPsetFromToSender'=>TRUE" works as expected if they login via LDAP
or AD, but doesn't if they login via IMAP?

What we do here for the "From" address is use an address whose email is
just automatically trashed, ie. a "no-reply" address. Then automated
stuff that is replying (incorrectly) to the "From:" or
(validly/correctly) to the envelope sender will just be thrown away. Any
human-generated replies will go to the right user.

Thanks for the info about the option you need to pass to O365. I guess
that's going to need yet another preferences.php setting.