[ZendTo] ZendTo and reCAPTCHA v2

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Thu Mar 8 17:37:01 GMT 2018

John,

As you surmise at the end of your message below, you are going to have
to upgrade ZendTo.
I switched away from the nasty v1 reCAPTCHA quite some time ago.
You can now use either the v2 reCAPTCHA or even their new "invisible"
one. It works in ZendTo, but you may find 1 page where you get a "Next"
button and nothing else, as I couldn't work out how to embed the CAPTCHA
into the previous page *or* that page, depending on whether the admin
chose reCAPTCHA v2 or the "invisible" one.

So the "invisible" reCAPTCHA support isn't perfect, but it should work.

Personally I would go for the standard v2 one on a production system.
Configuring reCAPTCHA is dead easy, the instructions are in
preferences.php right by the settings. Google let you just create 1 key
pair for your entire domain (thankyou Google!).

And at the same time, *before* you upgrade to ZendTo version 5, make
sure you read
     zend.to/upgrade.php
as well as the relevant notes under the download links on
zend.to/downloads.php. Those notes will tell you about any database
schema changes you might need to make.

You will probably find it easier to build a new ZendTo server VM from
scratch (installation of version 5 is dead easy with the new installer I
wrote), and then just port your database and drop-offs over from the old
to the new. Or else just shut down your old one and start a blank new
fresh one; all the drop-off data is temporary anyway.