[ZendTo] ZendTo and reCAPTCHA v2

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Wed Mar 7 20:29:59 GMT 2018

On 3/7/2018 10:26 AM, Dippery, Kyle wrote:
> We've had V2 set up on our site for a year or two, since whenever Are
> You A Human went away.  I remember it being easier than I'd expected
> to get set up.

I've registered new keys, and shoved them into my preferences.php (in
place of the V1 keys). When I 'view source' on my application page, I
see the new key is being passed in the k= parameter of the form, so it
has found the new key. It is, however, continuing to display the V1
captcha, with periodic warnings in the box telling of its imminent demise.

I think the underlying problem is in source. As documented here:
   https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/old/docs/tips
V1 sends its challenge to
   www.google.com/recaptcha/api/challenge?k=
or to
   www.google.com/recaptcha/api/noscript?k=

But as documented here:
   https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/display
   https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/faq
V2 sends its challenges to
   www.google.com/recaptcha/api.js
or to
   www.google.com/recaptcha/api/fallback?k=

Reading through the ZendTo changelog:
   http://www.zend.to/changelog.php
it appears that support for the "much nicer new reCAPTCHA" was
introduced in 4.12-5

Since I'm running 4.11, it looks like I'm gonna have to deploy new code
before the end of March.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Department of Administration