[ZendTo] Request for help for a new feature

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Tue Jan 16 16:56:50 GMT 2018

A member of this list has suggested a nice little new feature, which
should be pretty trivial for me to write.

On any page that shows the contents of a drop-off, where there is
currently a generic "file" icon to the left of each filename, we instead
have an icon representing the file type.

This, at a very simple level, can just be done via the filename
extension, simple as that.
Or it could be done from the MIME type (which we also know), but mapping
MIME types to file types and to a suitable icon is harder.

However we do it, I need a library of filetype icons. And yes, Google
will find you zillions of the things. But...
1) it needs to be either free or very cheap,
2) it needs to be free to redistribute,
3) it needs to not break anyone's copyright (so you can't raid artwork
from the original app),
4) it needs to work at a small display size,
5) there need to be enough different icons for it to be worth the
bother, and
6) it needs to look good.

Do any of you know of a decent set of filetype icons that fit those
requirements?
I'm struggling to find one.

Any ideas please?

Thanks!

'When I read Shakespeare I am struck with wonder
  That such trivial people should muse and thunder
  In such lovely language.' - D.H. Lawrence