[ZendTo] 4.99-6 : LDAP admin accounts and accents in organization name

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Thu Jan 18 09:54:26 GMT 2018

I've just tweaked the French translation to add "Accueil" instead of "Home".

Thanks!
Jules.

On 16/01/2018 13:54, Bocquet Stéphane wrote:

> On 16/01/2018 10:03, carré, denis wrote:
>
> Hi Jules, I’ll check the version you just sent.
>
> The changes I made were only translating “Claim ID” and “Claim
> passcode” occurences, the previous translation kept the English terms,
> But to my mind those English terms have no meaning for French people.
> I kept the rest of the translation, it seems to be pretty good.
>
> That is a very good point. Can you send me translated strings for
> wherever those appear?
>
> */[SBo] yes, let us know ;)/*
>
> */[Denis] I translated with “ID de requête” et “Mot de passe de
> requête". /**/Not perfect, but in most of the cases I find it more
> self-explanatory…/*
>
> */[SBo] Yes… same as me at the first time I translated ZendTo 4.28.
> The fact is that sometime it’s too long ;)/*
>

> Opinions please — is anyone against translating all uses of "claim",
> "id", "passcode" and combinations of them?
> They do turn up in quite a few places (a quick "egrep -i
> 'claim|passcode' fr_FR.zendto.po" will show you them all).
>
> */[SBo] I’m just curious about how Denis translated those two as I’m
> still searching for our users ;)/*
>

> And like the "Claim ID" and "Passcode" words, *should* it be translated?
> The Spanish translator has translated "Home", but the German
> translator hasn't. So it would appear to be a matter of opinion, but I
> can well imagine those are down to the conventions of modern usage of
> each language.

> don’t really know how to translate them with short words. In French,
> you sometime have to use 2 ou 3 words where you use only 1 in English
> /**/L/*
>
> */[Denis] I tend to write “Accueil” for both. Well, I work for a
> public administration, and people here tend to be attentive to “good
> french” /**/J/**/[SBo] /**//*
>
> */[SBo] Idem /**/J/**/. “Accueil” is a good one. Maybe this can be
> added in the French translation./*
>
> *//*

'The paths we take sometimes lead us away from people we know and
love. But in the end what matters is that we affect the lives of
others for the better somehow, whomever we are, whatever our story.
Obsession always destroys what it intended to nurture: but if
you're able to let yourself love honestly and without fear, maybe
that huge heart you have will somehow set you free.' - Eve Lockhart