[ZendTo] problem with upload

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Wed Sep 20 09:48:16 BST 2017

Maarten,

On 20/09/2017 01:06, Maarten Andriessen wrote:

> I recently re-installed ZendTo from scratch, and am encountering an
> issue. I installed a brand new Linux Debian install (v 9.1),

I don't think I've tested install.sh on 9 yet, the latest was 8 when I
last got near it.

> and ran the Install.php script which successfully completed. I then
> copied our old preferences.php and zendto.conf and added new entries I
> saw in the new config file to re-build the site as I want it

The tools "upgrade_preferences_php" and "upgrade_zendto_conf" in
/opt/zendto/bin are a more reliable way of doing that.
Just run either of them without any command-line args, and they'll show
you a usage example.

> (with company logo, company words, etc). The server has 4 GB of RAM
> and 500 GB disk space. (Virtual machine on a VMWare cluster), it has a
> proper SSL certificate and the site is secured properly on https. The
> speed with which the server is connected to the internet is a 1 Gbps
> fibreoptic line.
>
> Steps:
>
> 1)I log on to the site using AD Credentials. (this works fine).
>
> 2)I click Drop Off
>
> 3)I do not have a “request code” (or need one) so I type in my
> organization and click Next.
>
> 4)I click on the green + in the To: field, and add a gmail account to
> test.
>
> 5)I choose a file. In my case an executable print driver file to test,
> of around 42 MB.
>
> 6)I click “Drop Off files”.
>
> 7)Progress bar fills up to 100%, and subsequently I get presented with
> a screen that does have the Home/Inbox/Outbox/Logout tabs, but is
> otherwise white/blank.

In preferences.php, turn on the SMTP debugging (there's a flag I called
something like SMTPdebug, you'll find it. Set it to true).
Then at the end of an upload, at the top of the results page it should
show you all the SMTP traffic it does to send the email, presuming you
are using the new SMTP settings in preferences.php (at which point it
won't use or need any underlying sendmail/Postfix config).

That may tell you something useful.

Let us know how you get on.

> Chrome Debugger gives me the following information:
>
> //
>
> Refused to set unsafe header "Connection"
>

> send
>

> @
>

> _jquery-1.7.2.min.js:4_
>

> ajax
>

> @
>

> _jquery-1.7.2.min.js:4_
>

> submitform
>

> @
>

> _verify.php:592_
>

> onclick
>

> @
>

> _verify.php:679_
>
> //
>
> I have checked our firewall logs, and using our internal/external
> source IP’s for the zendto server, nothing was blocked. All traffic
> to/from the server was allowed and passed through. (site works
> otherwise both internally and externally)
>
> Things I have tried:
>
> -Change progress bar setting from “TRUE” to “FALSE”.
>
> -Disabled CLAMAV scanner
>
> Any clue as to what might be wrong?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Maarten

IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual
addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is
confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons
with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious
beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this email is not authorised (either
explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux
pas.

Unless the word absquatulation has been used in its correct context
somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal
or no grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed
in the transmission of this email, although the kelpie next door
is living on borrowed time, let me tell you. Those of you with an
overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that
there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards,
so just ignore that Alert Notice from Microsoft.

However, by pouring a complete circle of salt around yourself and
your computer you can ensure that no harm befalls you and your pets.
If you have received this email in error, please add some nutmeg
and egg whites, whisk and place in a warm oven for 40 minutes.