[ZendTo] Running ZendTo on openSUSE or SLES

Ken Etter KLE at msktd.com
Wed May 17 17:06:55 BST 2017

Jules,
No worries about the appliance VM images.  I didn't need to run those.  I'm just hoping that everything will run on openSUSE or SLES.  I'll just give it a shot and see how it goes.  Thanks.

Ken Etter, System Administrator
Architectural Group
260.432.9337 | msktd.com

>>> Jules <Jules at zend.to> 5/17/2017 11:57 AM >>>
> Ken,

I don't really support the appliance VM images any more, sorry.
You're far better off with the installer. It runs the 8 stages in turn, and reads lib/functions.sh at the start to setup all sorts of environment variables and shell functions it uses later on during each stage. If you look in the CentOS&RedHat subdirectory within the installer, you'll see the rpm-based installation stages. I've put in a fair amount of commenting, so I can remember what it does and how! :-)
The complicated bit is rebuilding PHP to support >2GB uploads. If SLES or openSUSE happen to have PHP 7 available, then you can skip all of that and just install the RPMs needed.