[ZendTo] Handling of leading and trailing spaces in username

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Mon Jan 26 22:13:55 GMT 2015

We were chasing an odd authentication failure recently and tracked it
down to a trailing space on the username submitted to NSSDropbox.php.

I looks like the code is converting the submitted string to lower case,
but leaving it otherwise unchanged. Is there any reason the submitted
username shouldn't have its leading and trailing spaces trimmed? I can
see retaining them for the password field, but I don't think I have ever
seen a (legitimate) username with a leading or trailing space.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services
Department of Administration