[ZendTo] Re: Personal WebDAV space

Achim J. Latz achim+zendto at qustodium.net
Fri May 23 11:10:12 BST 2014

Hello Marcos:

On 21/05/2014 13:20, global.networking.group at havasmg.com wrote:
> I am trying to configure webdav on zendto, but I'm thinking that my
> desired goal is a bit far from the main zendto's webdav functionality.
>
> The idea is to make a personal webdav folder for each user and give to
> them the capacity for managing their contents by themselves but without
> having access to any other user information. The problem now is, if you
> create a webdav user, it is able to access the root webdav directory
> "/var/library/" instead of being limited only to its personal folder
> "/var/library/USER/".
>
> Is there anything we can do in order to reach this goal?.

I believe that if you follow the steps here (particularly "per-user
library"):

<http://zend.to/webdav.php>

there is no way that the users can peek outside of their personal
folders, because this rewrite:

RewriteRule ^/library(.*) /var/zendto/library/%1$1

should take care of that.

Can you confirm that you configured everything as described in the above
webpage? If yes, can you then perhaps restate the problem?

Cheers, Achim