[ZendTo] Re: Personal WebDAV space

global.networking.group at havasmg.com global.networking.group at havasmg.com
Fri May 23 12:10:40 BST 2014

Hello Achim,

Yes, I have followed the steps, at least I have tried to, but I have
noticed I made a typo while implementing the solution over our vhost
file.... now is working properly.

Thanks for your support and apologize for wasting your time on this,
Marcos.

From:   "Achim J. Latz" <achim+zendto at qustodium.net>
To:     ZendTo Users <zendto at zend.to>
Cc:     Networking Group Global/HVM/HVM at HVM
Date:   23-05-14 12:07 PM
Subject:        Re: [ZendTo]  Personal WebDAV space

Hello Marcos:

On 21/05/2014 13:20, global.networking.group at havasmg.com wrote:
> I am trying to configure webdav on zendto, but I'm thinking that my
> desired goal is a bit far from the main zendto's webdav functionality.
>
> The idea is to make a personal webdav folder for each user and give to
> them the capacity for managing their contents by themselves but without
> having access to any other user information. The problem now is, if you
> create a webdav user, it is able to access the root webdav directory
> "/var/library/" instead of being limited only to its personal folder
> "/var/library/USER/".
>
> Is there anything we can do in order to reach this goal?.

I believe that if you follow the steps here (particularly "per-user
library"):

<http://zend.to/webdav.php>

there is no way that the users can peek outside of their personal
folders, because this rewrite:

RewriteRule ^/library(.*) /var/zendto/library/%1$1

should take care of that.

Can you confirm that you configured everything as described in the above
webpage? If yes, can you then perhaps restate the problem?

Cheers, Achim