[ZendTo] Re: Personal WebDAV space

Fri May 23 06:52:44 BST 2014

Hi,

I think you just have to setup the correct configuration and
permissions. I have a similar setup with SAMBA.
I installed SAMBA and enabled the Library function.

I setup the homes share with the following settings (smb.conf)

[homes]
         comment = WIDROP Library Directory
         hide dot files = yes
         browseable = no
         writable = yes
         valid users = %S
         writeable = yes
         force create mode = 2774
         create mode = 000
         directory mode = 0700
         guest ok = no

So you get a share for each user

\\<server>\<username>

Try to understand

force create mode = 2774
create mode = 000

I setup users the following way (samba users)

myuser=pcfreak
# create the user
useradd -d /var/zendto/library/$myuser -K MAIL_DIR=/tmp -m -k
/etc/dropskel -N -s /sbin/nologin $myuser
# remove the created mailbox file from /tmp
rm -f /tmp/$myuser
# set the default rights for the new folder
chgrp -R apache /var/zendto/library/$myuser
chmod -R 2774 /var/zendto/library/$myuser

I previously created the skeleton /etc/dropskel

I think this should be possible with WebDAV if you do the permissions
correctly?

Kind regards

PCFreak