[ZendTo] Security Audit Findings

Ryan Stepalavich Ryan_Stepalavich at banksi.com
Tue Jun 24 19:43:32 BST 2014

Hi folks,

We just got hit with two audit findings for ZendTo, and I was wondering if there was any fix/workaround for these.

#1: ZendTo allows any file of any extension to be dropped off. Is there a way to whitelist a few extensions and reject all others?

#2: ZendTo's error reporting allows attackers to enumerate your organization's userlist. By brute-forcing the "To:" field in a drop-off, the attacker can get the full list of valid users in LDAP.

I can give further details as needed.

Best regards,

Ryan Stepalavich, CSSA
Sr. Network Administrator
Savings Institute Bank & Trust, Co.
Office: (860) 465-8602
Fax: (860) 456-5218

This document and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this
document in error please notify the originator of the message.
states them to be the views of Savings Institute Bank & Trust.
This footer confirms that this e-mail message has been scanned
for the presence of computer viruses by the Savings Institute
email gateway.