[ZendTo] AD Nested groups?

Gray McCord gdm at sangabriel.com
Fri Jul 5 16:01:42 BST 2013

Not sure if this is an AD or Zendto issue, but I'm trying to use an AD
instance for authentication of a variety of applications, including Zendto.
I have a mixture of my company's employees, clients, projects, etc. that I
have organized in a nested fashion to help reduce my admin workload and give
this a bit of organization.  For example:

* I have a group called "employees" that consists of our employees
* I have a group called "fileshare" (that I have configured zendto to
require for authentication using authLDAPMemberKey / authLDAPMemberRole
pair) that includes the group "employees" along with a few other
individuals.

What is happening is that Zendto will only authenticate those people who are
direct members of "fileshare" and not the nested users from "employees" that
are also in the group.  I noticed that the comments in preferences.php note
that the feature has not yet been rigorously tested, so maybe this is a bug?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Gray

PS- Welcome back, Jules!  Hope you're doing better.

believed to be clean.