[ZendTo] Re: Zendto wishlist

Craig Chambers craig at craigchambers.net
Fri Mar 23 19:20:03 GMT 2012

Hi Jules,

Thanks for getting back to me! The following instructions do not seem to
work for me.

> Edit /opt/zendto/lib/NSSDropoff.php
> Look at line 766 and you should find a line that just says
>                 $emailSubject,
> Change that to
>                 $emailSubject . PHP_EOL . 'Bcc: mymonitoraddress at domain.com'
> and that should be all that is required.

The message is sent but I am not getting a delivery to the BCC address. I
have looked in /var/log.mail.log and see the message getting sent to our
exchange server for the recipient but not BCC recipient.

The line number to edit also doesn't match up for me, I have $emailSubject,
on line 764. Maybe I am running an older version. I also had to add a "," to
the end of the line to prevent a PHP error. Just to make sure I am in the
right place here is the code I have changed (with the email address
sanitized and a bit more code on either side to make sure this is the right
location). I also changed the bcc to all lower case after reading that some
versions of PHP don't work with Exchange servers if the "bcc" is not all
upper or lower case (See BUG ALERT on this page:
http://www.sitepoint.com/advanced-email-php/)

>         // Make the mail come from the sender, not ZendTo
>         foreach ( $this->_recipients as $recipient ) {
>           // In MyZendTo, don't send email to myself
>           if (preg_match('/^[^yYtT1]/', MYZENDTO) ||
>               (preg_match('/^[yYtT1]/', MYZENDTO) && $senderEmail !=
> $recipient[1])) {
>             $success = $this->_dropbox->deliverEmail(
>                 $recipient[1],
>                 $senderEmail,
>                 $emailSubject . PHP_EOL . 'bcc: emailaddress at mydomain.com',
>                 sprintf($emailContent,urlencode($recipient[1]))
>              );
>             if ( ! $success ) {
>               $this->_dropbox->writeToLog(sprintf("notification email not
> re-delivered successfully to %s for claimID $claimID",$recipient[1]));
>             } else {
>               $this->_dropbox->writeToLog(sprintf("notification email
> re-delivered successfully to %s for claimID $claimID",$recipient[1]));
>             }
>           }

The email address I am using is not the same as the sender or recipient so
it shouldn't be removed as part of the "don't send to myself" logic. I will
keep looking for a solution but any guidance is always appreciated.

- Craig

P.S. I figured the add to address book and library options were things that
sound easy but are difficult to enact. Just figured I would put in the
request for future reference and to see if it was something other people
wanted :-)