[ZendTo] Re: Zendto wishlist

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Mon Mar 26 11:33:22 BST 2012

On 23/03/2012 19:20, Craig Chambers wrote:
> Hi Jules,
>
> Thanks for getting back to me! The following instructions do not seem
> to work for me.
>
>     Edit /opt/zendto/lib/NSSDropoff.php
>     Look at line 766 and you should find a line that just says
>                     $emailSubject,
>     Change that to
>                     $emailSubject . PHP_EOL .
>     'Bcc:mymonitoraddress at domain.com'
>     and that should be all that is required.
>

> The message is sent but I am not getting a delivery to the BCC
> address. I have looked in /var/log.mail.log and see the message
> getting sent to our exchange server for the recipient but not BCC
> recipient.
>
> The line number to edit also doesn't match up for me, I have
> $emailSubject, on line 764. Maybe I am running an older version. I
> also had to add a "," to the end of the line to prevent a PHP error.
> Just to make sure I am in the right place here is the code I have
> changed (with the email address sanitized and a bit more code on
> either side to make sure this is the right location). I also changed
> the bcc to all lower case after reading that some versions of PHP
> don't work with Exchange servers if the "bcc" is not all upper or
> lower case (See BUG ALERT on this page:
> http://www.sitepoint.com/advanced-email-php/)
>
>             // Make the mail come from the sender, not ZendTo
>             foreach ( $this->_recipients as $recipient ) {
>               // In MyZendTo, don't send email to myself
>               if (preg_match('/^[^yYtT1]/', MYZENDTO) ||
>                   (preg_match('/^[yYtT1]/', MYZENDTO) && $senderEmail
>     != $recipient[1])) {
>                 $success = $this->_dropbox->deliverEmail(
>                     $recipient[1],
>                     $senderEmail,
>                     $emailSubject . PHP_EOL . 'bcc:
>     emailaddress at mydomain.com',
>                     sprintf($emailContent,urlencode($recipient[1]))
>                  );
>                 if ( ! $success ) {
>                   $this->_dropbox->writeToLog(sprintf("notification
>     email not re-delivered successfully to %s for claimID
>     $claimID",$recipient[1]));
>                 } else {
>                   $this->_dropbox->writeToLog(sprintf("notification
>     email re-delivered successfully to %s for claimID
>     $claimID",$recipient[1]));
>                 }
>               }
>

> The email address I am using is not the same as the sender or
> recipient so it shouldn't be removed as part of the "don't send to
> myself" logic. I will keep looking for a solution but any guidance is
> always appreciated.
You've got the line of code right, yes. And also you're absolutely right
about the "," that should be on the end of the line, my mistake.

But then it really should work. Certainly does for me. I tried it by
sending it to myself.
So not sure on that one, I'll have to do some more digging.

Jules.

> - Craig
>
> P.S. I figured the add to address book and library options were things
> that sound easy but are difficult to enact. Just figured I would put
> in the request for future reference and to see if it was something
> other people wanted :-)

'It's okay to live without all the answers' - Charlie Eppes, 2011
'That is the land of lost content,
  I see it shining plain,
  The happy highways where I went,
  And cannot come again.' - A.E. Houseman