[ZendTo] Re: Security Feature Request

Alexander Fisher alex at alexfisher.me.uk
Tue Mar 13 15:45:46 GMT 2012

On 13 March 2012 15:04, Phil Daws <uxbod at splatnix.net> wrote:
> I see where the OP is coming from and it is a tricky one to resolve as even sending a passcode manually may be intercepted in transit; unless you mean with that checkbox ticked that it would only include the claim id and annotate the dropoff_email.tpl with an additional message that they should expect a call with the necessary passcode ?

Yep, that's exactly the sort of way I was imagining it could work.
Obviously, sending the passcode in a separate mail gains you very very
little extra security, but over the phone or perhaps even by text
message would be a step up.  It provides two factor authentication.

In fact, having just had that thought, automatically being able to
send the passcode via text message could be very neat.  Or is it just
feature creep with hardly any users!? :)

Kind Regards,
Alex