[ZendTo] Re: Fixing URL used in emails

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Mon Jan 23 10:37:51 GMT 2012

The URL is calculated from the name of the server by this line in
/opt/zendto/lib/NSSDropbox.php:
$NSSDROPBOX_URL = "http".($_SERVER['HTTPS'] ? "s" :
"")."://".$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'].$port.$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];

That's so it is *not* hard-coded, but derived from your Apache setup. If
you set up 2 instances of ZendTo, both pointing to the same /var/zendto
directory (in preferences.php), you should be able to get it going. Set
one up with a VirtualHost in Apache with your external URL, and another
VirtualHost with your internal URL.

Inward-facing DNS and Outward-facing DNS is the right answer to this
problem, however. You really don't want to use totally different
hostnames inside and outside, or you'll forever hit this sort of problem
with any package you install that needs both internal and external web
access.

Jules.

On 20/01/2012 10:10, Nigel Kendrick wrote:
> Morning,
>
> Our company Internet router can't cope with loopback addresses (URLs
> that resolve back onto the LAN) and so we have a public-facing URL for
> customers to get to our ZendTo site and also an address
> (portal.our.lan) that we use internally to get to the server in the
> DMZ. I thought I'd hard coded the external address into the PHP as
> required to ensure that customers don't get emails with the
> unreachable internal address but I must have missed a bit . Excluding
> the option of replacing our router...
>
> 1) Could the URL used in contact emails be made a config variable so
> it survives app updates.
>
> 2) For the interim, where exactly should I look to hard code the URL -
> I wonder if I have missed an instance somewhere.
>
> Thanks
>
> Nigel

'It's okay to live without all the answers' - Charlie Eppes, 2011
'That is the land of lost content,
  I see it shining plain,
  The happy highways where I went,
  And cannot come again.' - A.E. Houseman