[ZendTo] CSV uploads

Brad Beckenhauer bbecken at aafp.org
Wed May 18 23:17:59 BST 2011

In version 4.01 the csv uploads has been replaced by a multiple recipients function, which I'm ok with but my Support folks asked about limitations and formatting options.

I've looked through the change log and help for information describing what formatting can be used to paste recipients into the dialog box and could not find anything.

I've done abit of testing in the multiple recipients dialog box and the following formats work:

johndoe at aaa.com ( mailto:johndoe at aaa.com )
1John Doe-work johndoe at aaa.com ( mailto:johndoe at aaa.com )
"2John Doe without a comma after the double quote" johndoe at aaa.com ( mailto:johndoe at aaa.com )
"3John Doe with a comma after the double quote", johndoe at aaa.com ( mailto:johndoe at aaa.com )
'4John Doe without a comma after the single quote' johndoe at aaa.com ( mailto:johndoe at aaa.com )
'5John Doe with a comma after the single quote', johndoe at aaa.com ( mailto:johndoe at aaa.com )

The logic seems to be testing for the presence of the @ sign for parsing based on my testing.

Since most folks I know here are going to paste csv files into the dialog box are there any limitations I should share with them?

How many rows can we paste into the Multi-recipient box?

And I love the verify box,  I just wish it was wider by default  (I'll have to find the bit that governs the size).

thanks!
Brad