[ZendTo] IPv6 support

Steve Glendinning steve at shawell.net
Wed May 18 19:18:44 BST 2011

Hi zend.to community,

First of all, thanks loads for the amazing zend.to project, it's a really
handy tool.

I have it deployed here on a dual-stacked server (IPv4 and IPv6).  When
accessing the site via IPv6, Apache serves the php pages fine but the
application doesn't work as expected.  It allows a user to log in, but then
if I re-request the same page it "forgets" I'm logged in and asks me to log
in again.

I had a quick look through the code to see if I could spot anything.  One
IPv6 issue I saw that probably isn't the cause of this (but isn't going to
help further down the line) is the database contains 15 character text
fields for IP addresses.  These will need to be longer to hold an IPv6
address.  Maybe other code also assumes the same?

It's been a while since I've hacked any php, so I'm not likely to be able to
fix this on my own!  Any ideas?

--
Steve Glendinning