[ZendTo] Re: A few issues...

Mark Hudson m.c.hudson at open.ac.uk
Wed Jun 15 16:10:18 BST 2011

  On 15/06/11 10:02, Jules wrote:

> On 14/06/2011 17:35, Mark Hudson wrote:
>> OK, I've had time to start again from scratch.
>>
>> So far so good! Seems impressive!
>>
>> Managed to get authentication against Active Directory to work.
>>
>> Had to modify php.ini to include timezone settings to avoid strftime
>> warnings all over the place
>>
>> Can't get clamdscan to behave - just displays the user an error but
>> nothing is written to the clam or the zendto logs
> That's usually caused by SELinux or AppArmor, depending on what
> distribution you use.
> On the command line, as root do
>     clamdscan /var/zendto

[root at idris config]# clamdscan /var/zendto
/var/zendto/dropoffs/Zp9W2yHNSNtAZ983: lstat() failed: Permission denied. ERROR
/var/zendto/dropoffs/TWYyX6ow5zsbUJww: lstat() failed: Permission denied. ERROR
/var/zendto/dropoffs/VEiaaKMpvTD5f9Qi: lstat() failed: Permission denied. ERROR
/var/zendto/dropoffs/hTVGce8kcY9EmKbt: lstat() failed: Permission denied. ERROR

> and see what it says. If it spits permissions errors, that's usually
> SELinux/AppArmor getting in the way, you can confirm this by trying to
> clamdscan /root (when you're logged in as root).

[root at idris config]# clamdscan /root
/root: lstat() failed: Permission denied. ERROR

Yet SELINUX is configured to be permissive, not enforcing.

[root at idris config]# getenforce
Permissive

This is on RHEL.

Mark