[ZendTo] Rocky 9 SHA1 Depreciation

Orion Poplawski orion at nwra.com
Wed Feb 21 18:19:05 GMT 2024

On 2/5/24 08:24, Matthew Fey via ZendTo wrote:
> When trying to run the installer on Rocky 9, installing the ZendTo package
> fails because the rpm is signed with SHA1, which is no longer supported by
> default in RHEL9 and equivalent.
>
> Because of that, all further steps fail as the package and configuration files
> are never installed. I suspect this is the issue that Scott was having back in
> November when trying to do the same.
>

> I could force the install to go through with the –nogpgcheck option, but I’d
> really rather avoid it.
>
> Any chance of having the package updated soon with a SHA256 or SHA512
> signature to take care of this going forward?

I'm running into this as well and would like to see the GPG key updated as well.

Here is some info for how to do it without invalidating your current key:
https://www.redhat.com/en/blog/updating-gpg-keys-for-fedora-and-rhel

--
Orion Poplawski
he/him/his  - surely the least important thing about me
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com
Boulder, CO 80301                 https://www.nwra.com/