[ZendTo] upgrade missing sqlite3 schema

Lieven De Puysseleir lievendp at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 14:21:58 BST 2020

Dear,
On one system running zendto 5.17-6 I fail to have the sqlite3 schema
updating while upgrading to 6.05-4.
to update I use the zendto repository on sles 15 sp2 and then run the
script that handles config file changes.

after the update, it's impossible to make dropoffs "unable to add a dropoff
record to the database". I notice that there are 2 fields missing from the
dropoff table: "lifeseconds and subject"

So I deleted the file zendto.sqlite, restarted apache2 and zendto created a
new one with the correct schema.
Next, I did a dump of the old db to file, found the INSERT lines for the
dropoff table and added a value for the lifeseconds which (I think)
corresponds to the max 14days we put as preference when it's not overridden
in the new version dropoff form. Also added a value empty string '' for the
subject field.
Lastly I did a cat of the (edited) dump file, piped it to sqlite3 into the
newly created empty db file.
This seemed to work fine, I could see the dropoffs in the interface but
couldn't see the files when I opened a dropoff.
I verified that for each dropoff line in the database, the claimid
corresponded to the name of the folder in /var/zendto where the dropoff
directory/files resided and it matched.
The logs don't say anything about this.
Apache logs indicate that pickup.php is used but again, the php code with
the nssdrop class stuff is something I can't seem to understand how it
works. (or if it even matters in this case)

This worked fine on another system upgrading 5.17-6 to 6.05-4. The update
was done with zypper, the upgrade script run and that was it, everything
looked fine in the dropoffs.

Any ideas what part of the install script I should run to simulate the
schema upgrade? I've been looking into cleanup.php but I'm not much of a
programmer and can't figure how it actually works by calling some class or
something. (I'm probably wrong here)

Thanks for your help.

--
Lieven