[ZendTo] Troubleshooting Reverse Proxy uploads (cannot drop-off directories)

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Tue Sep 15 12:22:52 BST 2020

Kris,

This sounds like you have 2 FQDNs for the same website.

One way of solving that one is split-horizon DNS. So your internal users
see the serverRoot resolve to the directly-connected internal IP
address, and external users get the IP of the reverse proxy. And also
ask yourself if there is any good reason you aren't just sending
internal users through the reverse proxy as well.

Also, in your reverse proxy, I would make the client_max_body_size a bit
bigger than the limit you've set as the uploadChunkSize in ZendTo. Else
you're might get weird things happening due to the proxy rejecting
upload blocks that you thought it would allow through to ZendTo.

On 14/09/2020 20:56, Kris Lou via ZendTo wrote:
> All:
>
> I have Nginx running as a Reverse Proxy (over SSL, but also
> terminating a different FQDN SSL) in front of default Apache serving
> Zendto.  I was running into "Note that you cannot drop-off
> directories, only files."
>
> I was able to solve this by setting "client_max_body_size 50M;" in my
> reverse proxy (to match my uploadChunkSize) configs -- otherwise nginx
> defaults to 1M uploads.
>
> Anyways, the issue is "fixed" for 99% of my use case, but when testing
> internally - via internal FQDN served directly to Apache/Zendto, I
> still run into the same error on all uploads.  Out of curiosity, any
> ideas why this might be?
>
> My 'serverRoot' points to the external FQDN on the reverse proxy.
>
> Thanks,
> Kris
>
> Kris Lou
> klou at themusiclink.net <mailto:klou at themusiclink.net>

'There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world;
  and that is an idea whose time has come.'