[ZendTo] Occasional longer retention period?

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Tue Nov 3 17:38:31 GMT 2020

We have a fairly short retention-period in ZendTo. Occasionally, we have
need for a "drop" to be be available longer. There does not seem to be
any way for this availability to be any longer than
"numberOfDaysToRetain", and that limit is the same for all users.

It does appear, however, that the lifetime is an attribute of each
"drop", and it is computed and stored at creation. Would extending the
lifetime of a specific "drop" be as simple as reaching into the database
and adjusting the value of "lifeseconds" on the specified "drop"?

(Why not just increase the value of "numberOfDaysToRetain"? Because the
occasional increased duration may need to be 10x or 20x the normal
duration. And that would be way too long to have available for everything.)

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Department of Administration
State of Alaska