[ZendTo] Login not available

Jules Jules at Zend.To
Fri Mar 27 19:22:07 GMT 2020

What exactly does your localIPSubnets line say? Include the whole line,
including leading and trailing spaces and punctuation.

On 27/03/2020 19:15, Ken Etter wrote:
> Jules,
> With the localIPSubnets line set correctly, this is what I see:
>

> If I comment out or set localIPSubnets equal to nothing, this is what
> I see:
>

> Any idea what is going on?
>
> Ken
>
> On 27/03/2020 18:58, Ken Etter via ZendTo wrote:
>> What group and owner applies to the template files?
> Basically they have to just be readable by the web server. But there's
> nothing secret in them, so owner+group = root, permissions = rw-r--r--
> (i.e. 0644) will be fine.
>

>> If I comment out the localIPSubnets line, then I get a login page,
>> although it looks quite a bit different.
> You should probably set the localIPSubnets line to *something*.
>

>> Ken
>>

>>> On 27 Mar 2020, at 18:30, Ken Etter <KLE at msktd.com
>>> <mailto:KLE at msktd.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Subnets are correct - nothing changed there. I double checked
>>> internaldomains.conf - that is still correct, but I agree probably
>>> not the cause. Recopied the template folder, but no change. Nothing
>>> showing up in the apache error logs. I've attached a screen capture
>>> of what we are seeing. Really just odd.
>>
>> I had exactly the same yesterday.
>>
>> It was copying the templates across which fixed it for me.
>>
>> It *shouldn’t* make a difference, but have you:
>>
>> a.) verified you are running the latest version (another apt-get
>> update && apt-get upgrade); and
>> b.) restarted apache? (service apache2 restart / systemctl restart
>> apache2)
>>
>> ?
>>

>> Neil

> Julian Field MEng CEng CITP MBCS MIEEE MACM
>
> The current UK shipping forecast:
> Sole, Lundy, Fastnet, Irish Sea: Northeast 5 to 7, occasionally gale 8 later.
> Slight in Lundy and Irish Sea at first, otherwise moderate becoming rough.
> Fair. Good.

'No more impressive warning can be given to those who would confine
  knowledge and rsearch to what is apparently useful, than the
  reflection that conic sections were studied for eighteen hundred
  years merely as an abstract science, without regard to any utility
  other than to satisfy the craving for knowledge on the part of
  mathematicians, and that then at the end of this long period of
  abstract study, they were found to be the necessary key with which
  to attain the knowledge of the most important laws of nature.'
  - Alfred North Whitehead